As conditions evolve, we are taking precautionary actions at OrthoWell Physical Therapy to mitigate exposure and reduce the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on our patients and our staff. We remain committed to providing safe and effective physical therapy service to our patients and we are doing our part to protect the communities where we live and treat.
We are closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and reinforcing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What to Know Regarding Your Physical Therapy Treatments
Ensuring the health and safety of our employees and patients is our number one priority. We do not anticipate any service disruption to our patients at this time if we all work together to ensure a safe and clean environment in the clinic. We have implemented additional measures that will allow us to safely continue providing physical therapy services to you. These include the following:
* Please call and notify us if you are currently exhibiting any symptoms, if you have recently traveled, if you have been exposed to anyone who has recently traveled or if you have been exposed to anyone who currently has the virus. The best health care practice would be to notify us and to place a HOLD on your physical therapy for the 2 week quarantine period that is being recommended by the CDC.
* It is being advised by the CDC that you should take your temperature even if you don’t feel sick to determine if you have a developing infection. This is especially true if you have recently traveled or have been exposed to someone with the virus. Please take your temperature BEFORE coming to therapy.
* Before entering the treatment area, EVERY patient is to wash his or hands in our sink for 20 seconds using soap and water. We have also provided sanitizer as an additional means of hygiene but this is in addition to the hand washing, NOT as a replacement before entering the treatment area.
* Patients will be instructed to sanitize prior to and after each use of the exercise equipment. We have provided several sanitizer bottles in both clinics to ensure this consistent practice.
Our staff has been instructed to take precautionary measures to mitigate their AND your exposure to limit the risk of infection. Some of those precautions include:
* Wearing an N95 mask.
* Frequent handwashing and use of sanitizer.
* Sanitizing all tables and exercise equipment after each use.
* Performing all hands-on treatment with gloves on. Treatments will be a max of 45 minutes to focus and refine our efforts to get you better without over exposure to other patients.
* Consistently using drapes in the clinic to provide a barrier between patients receiving treatment or exercise on the treatment tables. We have a private treatment room as well as several tables with surround curtains in each clinic that will be used to keep your treatment more contained.
* Refraining from coming early to your appointment to avoid any delays in the waiting room.
* Avoiding touching mouth, nose and eyes.
* Keeping a safe distance from anyone who is self-quarantined or sick.
* Staying home if they are sick.
We appreciate your patience during this time. On behalf of the OrthoWell staff, our thoughts are with you, your family and all those who are being impacted.